Sunday, April 6, 2014

REVIEW: Avon Skin Goodness Color Corrector Cream

Hello Everyone! 
Today, I will be reviewing Avon's Skin Goodness Color Corrector Cream.
I've had this for a while and share with you guys my thoughts about it.
I think I will be the first person to make a review of it. I've tried to look for any reviews of it online before I purchase it but couldn't find any so I just purchased it anyway.

Avon Skin Goodness Color Corrector Cream








PRODUCT CLAIM


Instantly correct uneven skin tone and notice more radiant skin over time.
Light, breathable formula combines a high performance skin care serum with color correcting pigments.
Formulated with licorice and vitamin C, this advanced color-corrector begins to fade dark spots and hyperpigmentation after just two weeks of use. 
Protects with SPF 50.
Provides medium coverage.

INITIAL REACTION

Well I was having second thoughts buying this. This is my first CC cream and I was a bit hesitant buying something that people haven't recommended me.
I've looked for reviews for this product but was not able to find any at all!! 
And that was upsetting.
I was unsure but the SPF 50 coverage actually got me.
Based on the product claims above, it seems like a pretty good product.
Don't you agree?

SWATCHES


As you can see, it is a little liquidy. 
I got the shade Nude which I think fits be perfectly.
If I'm not mistaken there are just two shades for this, one was Nude and the other was Shell. 
I got Nude because it looks like it has a little more yellow undertone to it and the Shell one has a slightly pinkish one like my other Avon product. 

HOW IT LOOKS ON ME

CC cream worn alone.


CC cream worn with Etude House Dear Darling Tint 01 on cheeks


REACTION AFTER USING THE PRODUCT

This is like a hit and miss for me.
I'm in the middle of liking it and not liking it.
I like it because it looked so natural on my face. It may look like my face is a bit shiny but it doesn't look like that at all in person.
What it gives you is a dewy finish and mind you it does not have a hideous white cast like BB creams even if it has SPF 50 which I think is great.
What did I not like about it?
It claims it's medium coverage but I think it's more of light coverage.
It doesn't cover much of my blemishes but it did even out my skin a bit except for my undereye circles.

THUMBS UP

- SPF 50! Who doesn't want that right?
- Gives a dewy finish which does not becomes oily over time
- Looks natural
- Does not give white casts on pictures
- Evens out skin tone
- Price. I got it somewhat around 300 pesos I think but I got it with a free Avon lipstick for a promo so its not so bad.

THUMBS DOWN

- Not enough shades. There are only two.
- Doesn't cover undereye circles on my case
- Not really medium coverage

FINAL VERDICT

Okay. So after debating with myself what I really thought about this product, I decided that I do like it. The fact that it could give me that dewy and natural look that I love is enough to consider it something that I like. And after thinking about it, I shouldn't be expecting this product to have more coverage because its not a foundation but a CC cream. I'm not really sure if other CC creams are the same but I guess I'll have to check on others to compare them. 
I'm not sure if it would be better if I put it under foundation but as of now I'm contented wearing it alone with my Etude House tint on my cheeks if I'm just going to go to a supermarket.
And that SPF. That really counts for something!

Would I recommend it? Yes I would.



RATING: 3 HEARTS

No comments:

Post a Comment