Monday, May 19, 2014

REVIEW: Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Gloss

Hello My Pretty Readers! :)



If you have been following my Instagram page I did promise that a review for the Maybelline Colorsensational Lipgloss is coming up and now here it is! I have six shades from these collection so expect a long review. :)

MAYBELLINE COLOR SENSATIONAL LIP GLOSS


PRODUCT CLAIM

SOPHISTICATED  shine
LUXURIOUS feel
12 captivating shades

Why You'll Love It
Fall in love with color, all over again:
• Sophisticated color and shine from pure pigments
• Luxurious feel from nourishing honey nectar
• 12 captivating shades

For Best Results
Use the wand to apply lipgloss starting in the center of your upper lip. Work from the center to outer edges of your lips, following the contour of your mouth. Then glide across the entire bottom lip.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

I purchased my first Color Sensational Lipgloss when I was in Australia. I got in from Paddy's Market. I think I got it for like $6-7. My first shade was Cranberry Cocktail. That was almost a year ago but I am still using it. I think I haven't even spent half of it and mind you I use it like 2-3 times a week at least that's depending on what my makeup look is.

SWATCHES

Here are the swatches for the ones I do have.


They're pretty pigmented aren't they?

WHAT IT LOOKS ON ME

TOUCH OF TOFFEE


Touch of Toffee is a warm pinkish nude color. The problem I have with this is that because of my pigmented lips it doesn't show the nude color as much as it should be. This would be perfect though for those who have less pigmented lips. Sometimes what I do is put a little liquid foundation on my lips and layer it with this just so that I could get that glossy nude lips. But all in all its a good nude lip gloss especially if you're sporting a smokey eye.

PLUM-TASTIC


I think Plum-tastic's shade is kind of in the middle of brickreddish and brownish when it's applied to my lips. I think its because of my pigmented lips again. When you swatch this on your hand the hint of plum color is indeed there. I really like this even though it didn't really look like what its supposed to on my lips.

MOCHA GLAZE


Mocha Glaze has that bronzy-caramel color with slight sparkles. I don't use it too often though for some reason but will try to create more looks with this shade.

BORN WITH IT


If Touch of Toffee is the nude pink one, Born with it is the peachy nude color. It is very nice on the lips and looks very natural.

CRANBERRY COCKTAIL


I love this shade! This is my first Color Sensational Lipgloss and I am still in love with it. Sometimes, I just go without any eye makeup, just some cheek tint and this and I'm ready to go. Cranberry Cocktail is a vibrant reddish color that would fit anyone who wears it. I promise. :)

WINE ALL MINE


This is also another favorite of mine. Wine All Mine has a dark purpleish hint to it with a little bit of sparkle. The lighting on this picture is just bad which didn't show the lip color its true color if it makes any sense. Sorry about that. :( I think the more accurate color is on the swatches part of my review.  If it's Summer on your country then I wouldn't recommend wearing this because I think it's color is more for the fall or winter season. 

THUMBS UP

* I am in love with the color payoff. It is very pigmented for a lipgloss.
* Once the shine fades off, it leaves a hint of tint on my lips.
* Staying power is good. 3-4 hours without retouching. That includes eating and drinking.
* Scent is good. For me at least.
* Doesn't have a sticky feel on the lips.
* Packaging is very sleek looking.

THUMBS DOWN

* None at this time.

FINAL VERDICT

Just wanna repeat it again. I just love these lip glosses! Absolutely love them. What else can I say about them?? Hmmm.. I think I've said about everything I could say about them.

Oh yeah. I'm not sure if they ever sold this product here in the Philippines. I haven't seen it on any of the Maybelline counters here. My first one, I got it from Sydney and the other 5, I purchased online. See how much I love them? LOL. I even have to order them online. :)

I guess this would be the end of my review. Turns out it wasn't really that long was it? Or it is. I'm not really sure. Anyways, for my readers.. I just want to say..


Thanks for reading this and don't forget to follow my blog. :)
Leave some comments below so I could follow back.

Love Lots!! :)
Sandee

(credits to the owners of the gifs I used)

No comments:

Post a Comment